Live Search: Sections containing your search term will be displayed below the box as you type.
xviii. Types of Personal Information Collected
We collect certain personal information about visitors and users of our Site. The most common types of information we collect are: user names, Member names, email addresses, other contact details, payment information such as payment agent details, transactional details, support queries and web analytics data. We may also collect personal information from job applications and this information may be used to assess an applicant's suitability for employment. Information or an opinion is your "personal information" if it is about you as an identified or identifiable individual.
xix. Collection of Personal Information
- We may collect personal information directly when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Site or through other people when you use services associated with the Site.
- When you provide personal information to us via the Site you are consenting to us collecting and using that information in line with this policy and the user terms of our Site. You are likely to provide personal information when completing membership registration and buying or providing Items or services on our Site, subscribe to a newsletter, email list, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication.
- If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our services and you may not be able to carry out transactions or access the full range of features available through our Site.
xx. Personal information we collect about you from others
Although we generally collect personal information directly from you, we may on occasion also collect information about you from other people (such as the payment provider account details required to process a transaction) and by using tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons and other web analytics software or services.
xxi. Use of Personal Information
We may use your personal information in order for us to:
- operate the Site and provide you with services described on the Site, i.e. to verify your identity when you sign in, to facilitate and process transactions that take place on the Site, and to respond to support tickets
- customize our services and website, such as advertising that may appear on the Site, in order to provide a more personalized experience
- update you with operational news and information about our Site and services, and to notify you about changes to our Site, website disruptions or security updates
- provide you with information that you request from us or, where we have your consent to do so, provide you with marketing information about products and services which we feel may interest you
- carry out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Site and services we provide
- monitor activity on the Site to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the Site
- manage our relationship with you by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the Site or asking for your feedback or inquiring if you would like to participate in a survey
- manage our legal and operational affairs
- train Executive Showcase staff about how to best serve our community
- provide general administrative and performance functions and activities.
xxii. Disclosure of Personal Information
- We may disclose personal information to:
- subcontractors and service providers who assist us in connection with the ways we may use personal information (as set out above)
- our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers, etc.)
- regulators and government Authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations
- a purchaser or prospective purchaser of all or part of our assets or our business, and their professional advisers, in connection with the purchase
- other people where we are Authorized or required by law to do so.
- We use a network of subcontractors and service providers in order to ensure that we maintain the best possible service standards. In order to protect your information, we take care where possible to work with subcontractors and service providers who we believe maintain an acceptable standard of data security compliance.
xxiii. Storage of Personal Information
Our site and corresponding personal information are stored on secure servers that are managed by our service providers. Personal information that we store is subject to security and access controls, including username and password authentication and data encryption where appropriate.
xxiv. Accessing Your Personal Information
You can access some of the information that we collect about you by logging in to your account. You also have the right to make a request to access other information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that information. You may also close the account you have with us at any time. To make an access or correction request, contact our privacy champion using the contact details at the end of this policy.
xxv. Control of Your Personal Information
- Where we have your consent to do so (example: if you have subscribed to one of our e-mail lists or have otherwise indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us), we may send you marketing communications about products and services that may be of interest to you. You can 'opt-out' of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future.
- If your e-mail address has changed and you would like to continue to receive our e-mails, you will need to access your account and update your e-mail address information in your account and sign-up again for those e-mails that you want to receive.
- We will generally include an "unsubscribe" facility that you can use to opt-out of further communications – to opt-out, just follow the instructions in the e-mail. We might not include an opt-out facility in important operational and service-based e-mails concerning things like your purchases, the user terms, important updates and need-to-know messages. By using our Site you agree that we do not need to include opt-out facilities in those messages.
- You also have choices about cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our Site may not work properly in your case.
xxvi. Cookies and Web Analytics
- Cookies are used to enhance your use of the Site, such as remembering that you are logged in. You are able to minimize or block cookies using the privacy settings in your internet browser, but this may restrict your use of the Site.
- When you visit our Site, there is certain information recorded which is generally anonymous information and may not reveal your specific identity. The term for this is 'web analytics information'. We only use this information for statistical and website development purposes and to improve our services to you. When logged into your account, some information could be associated with your account such as:
- your IP or proxy server IP
- basic domain information
- your Internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection
- the date and time of your visit to the website
- the length of your session
- the pages accessed
- the number of times you access our site within any month;
- the size of file you look at
- the website that referred you to our Site
- the operating system your computer uses
xxvii. Information you make public or provide to others
xxviii. Policy Updates
We may need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy management practices. When we do amend the policy, the changes will be effective immediately. We may publish information about changes to be made to this policy on our Site. It is your responsibility to keep up to date with any changes to this policy.
- Questions about our privacy practices? Contact our privacy champion at privacy.champion@ExecutiveShowcase.com.
- Any concerns about how we have been managing your personal information, or if you think we have not been complying with U.S. privacy law, you can make a complaint in writing to our privacy champion.